Stem Cell Therapy vs PRP
PRP is a great way to stimulate the healing of an injured or damaged area, but it is only as good as a patient is healthy. Age and pre-existing health conditions like diabetes and auto-immune disease can wear the body down and affect the number and quality of the constituents of the blood which promote healing. With stem cell therapy / amniotic allograft, the growth factors and healing components are only about 40 weeks old, instead of the age of the patient. Also, PRP takes more time because we need to draw blood and spin it down before we inject it into the affected area. Soreness is usually experienced after an injection of PRP, while there is no discomfort with the stem cell therapy. Stem cell therapy also works more quickly, allowing a return to play / work within days or weeks. Only 1-2 treatments in the area are needed with stem cell therapy, whereas PRP can take more.
- In order to make sure that the dysfunctional area found on physical exam or imaging (x-ray or MRI) is actually the source of the pain, we inject a small amount of a local anesthetic to blood signals from that area. When the pain is reduced, then we know that the area is the source of the pain and we can be confident in treating the area.
- The injection is performed
- Supportive therapies like the Bemer (to enhance blood flow to the area), neural therapy to address any pain neurons that are overactive, and nutritional supplements / dietary recommendations to provide the building blocks for healthy tissues are prescribed to improve the outcome of the treatment. We also make sure that the muscles that provide support for the injured area are turned on so that excess wear and tear is minimized.
- Corrective exercise may be prescribed in order to improve results.
To book a free consultation and find out if you are a candidate for stem cell therapy, call 602-753-6373 today.
Stem Cell Therapy - Tissue Repair/Regineration
Conditions that Stem cell Therapy can be used to treat include:
- Low back pain
- Headache and Migraine Pain
- Neck Pain and Whiplash injuries
- Osteoarthritis (including bone on bone situations)
- Golfer’s/Tennis elbow
- Ankle sprains
- Meniscal injuries of the knee
- ACL, PCL, and Meniscal damage / injury in the knee
- Pelvic instability after childbirth
- Herniated Discs
- Sciatic Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome / Loose joints / recurring joint dislocation
Effects of Stem Cell Therapy / Amniotic Allograft
- Angiogenic: Stimulates the growth of new blood vessels in the treated area
- Stimulates the growth and differentiation of local stem cells in the area
- Softens tissue fibrosis / scar tissue
Five Star Rated
What Our Patients Are Saying...
"I had been going to a naturopath for 12 years for thyroid and GI issues when I met Dr. Evan. He invited me to one of his workshops and I thought I knew what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw the demo! I made an appointment afterwards, and I can't tell you how pleased I've been with his methods, he is such and caring physician and person! Dr.Evan will work with you no matter the time it takes during your appointment, and his evaluations are thorough, accurate, and leave you feeling healthy or at the very least, closer to health after his care! He combines different facets of his field of healthcare to help determine what your body needs during the visit, or when the treatments are enough for the day. I highly recommend Dr. Evan as an alternative to traditional practice or as a compliment to any treatment plan!"
"I was hesitant to buy a treatment package because of the cost, but I have been very pleased with how my daughter's symptoms have been reduced as she sees Dr. Evan each week. He has become our favorite practitioner for her chronic illness. He has an amazing blended set of skills that he draws upon and it's like seeing 3 doctors all in one visit. I love how he has connected to my daughter and gives her the time during the appointment that she needs."
"I went in to see Dr Evan for a couple of things. The first was adrenal fatigue symptoms, and after the full blood work up and exam, he helped me to see what was at the root of the symptoms. He was so thorough and mindful of looking at my health holistically, that I knew that the remedies he gave were good. And they were! I'm feeling so much better now.
The second time I went to see Dr Evan was for an ankle sprain I got trail running. I had let it "rest" for almost 3 weeks, and it still didn't seem to be healing quickly enough (I was anxious to get back to running!). He was able to adjust the joint, work with the corresponding muscles and connective tissue, and when I left I had noticeably more movement in my ankle. Later that day I didn't notice as much pain or stiffness, and the day after I was able to run on it much better than early that week. I love the integrative approach and the natural/holistic treatments provided. Thank you Dr Evan!"
"I was extremely sick with major GI problems this summer. I saw numerous doctors and no one could find the problem or even help with the symptoms. I was referred to Dr van Driel by a friend and within my first visit I felt so much better. He was quick to get into see and he was able to give me answers to my illness. I have now seen him 6 times and I feel amazing! I love that I am only taking supplements and not any actual medicines. I have done acupuncture too and that has really been a cool experience. It not only has made me feel better physically but mentally too. I am sleeping better now and am less stressed and anxious than I have ever been. I would highly recommend Dr van Driel! Wonderful service, kind and friendly!"