PRP / Prolozone has been shown to provide pain relief in the following conditions:
- Low back pain
- Headache and Migraine Pain
- Neck Pain and Whiplash injuries
- Osteoarthritis (including bone on bone situations)
- Golfer’s/Tennis elbow
- Ankle sprains
- ACL, PCL, and Meniscal damage / injury in the knee
- Pelvic instability after childbirth
- Herniated Discs
- Sciatic Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome / Loose joints / recurring joint dislocation
Benefits of PRP / Prolozone Include:
- Stimulation of healing of the joint
- Strengthening ligaments and tendons
- Reducing pain from hypersensitive neurons
- There is very little recovery time
- It is a cost effective therapy
- The blood that is drawn is spun twice to isolate the highest concentration of platelets that we possibly can which translates to a more effective treatment.
- After every treatment we use PEMF therapy via the Bemer, which improves circulation to the area and improves the outcome of the treatment.
- We use ozone with our injections to sharply decrease the risk of infection and speed healing in the problem area.
- We include personalized nutritional supplement recommendations to provide the body the building blocks for new and stronger tissue.
- Many times physical pain and damaged ligaments are caused by excess wear and tear due to muscle inhibition. Part of the treatment is physical manipulation to make sure that the muscles around the joint/area treated are functioning properly neurologically. This gives the area stability and prevents further injury.
Regenerative Injection Therapy - PRP and Prolozone
An alternative to conventional treatments
Conventional treatments for joint pain and injuries usually consist of cortisone injections and surgery. The main issues with cortisone injections is that they usually last about 6-8 weeks, can cause the joint to degenerate further (which is why people can usually only get 3-4 injections per year, depending on the diagnosis), and they can increase the risk of infection. The main drawbacks with surgery / joint replacements are cost and recovery time.
How it works
PRP and prolozone are forms of regenerative injection therapy that stimulate the reconstruction of joints, ligaments, and tendons. They reset the neurons that produce pain signals while stimulating the treated area to lay down new cartilage and strengthen ligaments and tendons. There is no recovery time (people can return to daily activities the next day), and it is a very cost effective therapy.
Patients usually see results after 1 treatment but, depending on the case, usually require multiple treatments before there is lasting resolution of their pain. With PRP/Prolozone, each treatment improves the structural integrity and stability of the joint, thereby decreasing the pain and reducing the risk of further injury. When it is used with therapies that strengthen the muscles around the joint, implementation of proper movement patterns, and improvement of the body’s ability to heal using other naturopathic therapies, it can produce amazing results.
So PRP and prolozone are great therapies for treating joint pain, from chronically degenerated joints (osteoarthritis), to injuries sustained by high level athletes, and everybody in between.
Five Star Rated
Your initial consultation is free,
so come and meet us in person to learn more.
What Our Patients Are Saying...