Feel better again with our comprehensive treatment strategies for improving foot function
Our proven combination of natural therapies work for all kinds of foot and ankle problems, including:
- ➤ Plantar Fasciitis
- ➤ Recurring Ankle Sprains
- ➤ Instability / Balance Issues
- ➤ Shin Splints
- ➤ Dysfunctional Gait
- ➤ Achilles Tendonitis
- ➤ Arthritis
- ➤ Morton's Neuroma
- ➤ Flat Feet
- ➤ Neuropathy
Our treatment works consistently and effectively because:
We find and treat the cause
This is one of the principles of naturopathic medicine, and one that we take very seriously. Even those who have lived with their condition for a long time and have sought help from other practitioners tend to get relief from their symptoms with our approach.
We focus on how you feel
Using real time autonomic response testing in office to guide treatment instead of relying on expensive lab testing or imaging. We find this approach to be faster as well as more accurate and responsive.
We address the basic determinants of health
Mental/emotional stress, lack of sleep, dietary indiscretions, environmental stress, scars and injuries, as well as improper breathing usually need to be addressed to get a person back to a place where they can heal.
We work with your body's inherent ability to heal
We help to strengthen and fine tune the body’s inherent ability to heal. No matter what you have been told or what you believe is or isn’t possibly, you can be better.
We teach what it takes to improve health
We teach people what the cause of their symptoms is, so that they can play a more active role in their healthcare. A handful of basic, targeted lifestyle changes usually add up to people seeing amazing results.
Here is how we have helped hundreds overcome pain, lack of mobility, and neuropathies of the foot and ankle:
We use physical manipulation of the foot and ankle bones to decrease pain and improve mobility. Addressing dysfunctional scar tissue and injuries of the foot (ie ankle sprains) allow the muscles of the foot to maintain the proper structural alignment of the foot and ankle. Alignment means less stress on the nervous system, and more stability and strength.
There are 26 bones in the foot (1/4 of all of the bones in the body) and they are the first thing to touch the new part of any environment that we move into. This means that there is a lot of sensory input that comes in from the feet, so injuries, scars, pain, and decreases in mobility all have a profound impact on the nervous system. Addressing the neurology (both motor and sensory) of the foot and ankle, we can get better results than we can with structural alignment alone.
Functional Nutrition based on autonomic response testing: Supporting overall digestion and assimilation of nutrients, and then giving targeted support without the guesswork allows the body to heal in the most efficient way possible.
Acupuncture / Bemer / Homeopathy: To strengthen the vital force, induce parasympathetic nervous tone, and activate the body’s inherent capacity to heal.
Teaching functional self-care: The treatments that we provide in the office are only a part of any successful treatment protocol. Making small, focused, and high yield changes at home is where the real magic happens.
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) has been shown to suppress inflammation, improve blood flow, remodel scar tissue, stimulate the repair of damaged cells, increase levels of natural opioids (reducing pain), and reduce swelling. Nothing that I have seen can help tissues to heal faster.
The Process is Straightforward and Easy:
Free Initial Consultation
You will meet with your doctor to talk about your symptoms, history, and goals. This allows us to find out how best we can help and so that we can be certain that our care is able to meet your needs.
Initial Exam and Treatment
At this appointment we will perform an in depth history, physical exam, functional testing, and determine if ordering labs or imaging are necessary. We also perform the first treatment and provide you with a detailed treatment plan.
Returning for once weekly visits until stable improvements in symptoms are seen yields the best results. During this time, we may also implement procedures to complement and improve the results obtained by the treatment visits.
Transition to Maintenance Care
Once you are feeling better, we can push the treatments out to every couple of weeks, and then to once a month and eventually just seasonally for maintenance. This being said, many of our patients do wish to work on things other than their initial chief concern.
Taking Care of your family and friends
We are honored to say that most of the people who find us have been referred by patients who have experienced the life changing effects of what we do. We look forward to helping the people that you care about to live more resilient, purposeful, and joyful lives.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- ➤ How long before I start to see results: Most patients feel a shift after their first treatment, especially mentally. Healing happens from the top - down, inside - out, and in the reverse order of appearance of symptoms.
- ➤ Will I have to spend a bunch of money on expensive testing, supplements, and health foods? We take pride in getting great results for our patients while keeping it simple. There isn’t usually a lot of testing that we do outside of the office besides basic lab work.
- ➤ Does insurance cover this: Health savings accounts and flex spending accounts work, and most usually lab work and imaging are covered by our patient's insurance. Our time and services don’t tend to be, though we do provide bills with codes that patients can submit to their insurance company for reimbursement. We like it this way because insurance companies don’t get to dictate the type of treatment that we provide based on what they will or won’t pay for.
- ➤Is it effective? Yes, depending on the cause of the issue. If the issue is indeed caused by an injury, neuromuscular inhibition of a muscle, or some other functional cause, we are most likely going to get to the bottom of it.
- ➤Why didn’t my doctor tell me that this was an option? If your tool is a hammer, you see problems as nails.
- ➤Does it hurt? Most of the therapies that we use are non-invasive and don’t hurt at all. This is with the exception of ligament work (which usually produces an achy feeling), and injection therapies (usually people feel the needle going through the skin)
- ➤Overall, how will this improve or change my life? Generally, when people have better neurological coordination of their gait, and less foot pain, they seem to have an improved outlook on life. They are able to move around more easily, which takes the stress out of moving from place to place. Also, the kinetic chain begins with the feet, so dysfunction and pain in other parts of the body tend to loosen up and go away when the feet are more balanced.
- ➤ Will I have to spend a lot of time getting treatments? Will I have to keep coming forever? For most patients, the maximum time commitment is 30 minutes per week (plus travel time). And once their conditions are fixed, they stay that way.
What Our Patients Are Saying...